Invisalign Clear Aligners at Safari Family Dental
These series of aligners are made with medical-grade plastic using 3D models of your teeth and do not require any wires, metal, springs, or rubber bands to move your teeth into place. Because these trays can easily be removed, they’re easy for children to adapt to and can quickly be changed as their teeth move and straighten over time into their proper place.
How Invisalign Works For Families
Because of its ease of function and use, Invisalign provides families with excellent orthodontic options, especially for children who have mild orthodontic problems with their teeth. The smooth plastic surface and easy-to-remove method can allow children to remove their aligners for eating and cleaning and give parents ease of mind in knowing that their child’s teeth can be aligned without the need for brackets and wires. For adults, Invisalign can provide the convenience and luxury of correcting mild orthodontic issues such as:
- Gapped Teeth – When the teeth experience mild gaps, these gaps can cause jaw development problems and shift teeth out of place.
- Overbites – Overbites happen when the top row of teeth hangs or jets over the lower set of teeth.
- Overcrowding – Overcrowding occurs when there is a lack of room in the jaw, causing the teeth to shift and overlap.
- Underbites – Similar to overbites, underbites happen when the bottom teeth bite over the upper set of teeth.
- Crossbites – When the upper and lower jawline does not align properly, it is referred to as a crossbite.
- Open bites – When the opposite teeth along the upper and lower jawline cannot make contact, it’s referred to as an open bite.
Our Invisalign Treatment Process
Before receiving treatment, we perform a dental exam and cleaning to assess any orthodontic issues and outline how we’ll design your Invisalign aligners through each phase. During your exam, our dentists will perform digital x-rays and impressions of you or your child’s teeth to help track progress and transform your teeth through treatment. We incorporate the latest technology with 3D printers to create your custom set of aligners during the customization phase. Each two to six weeks, either you or your child will receive new aligners to gradually shift your teeth into a beautiful smile.
Invisalign aligners require up to 20-22 hours of wear for optimal results and can be an excellent option for teenagers with mild orthodontic problems. The length of your family treatment will vary based on various factors, and once your treatment is complete, you and your family will get to experience a beautiful new smile! At Safari Family Dental in Houston, TX, the smile you’ve always dreamed of having is closer than you think.